e, Magic e Rule or
Game - e_e, i_e, o_e, u_e & a_e
Find Something... Search my whole site
Games Homepage -
You are here
- Magic e Rule
have had great success with this phonics game in my classrooms.
There are plenty of choices in this phonics game to individualise
it to suit your learners' needs. Feel free to print it out and use
Magic e Phonics Game
card game that make learning phonics fun
Print the cards,
laminate them if possible and cut them out.
1. Two, three or
four players sit so they are facing each other.
2. Select a leader to shuffle the cards and give five flashcards to
each member of the group, as well as themselves.
3. Place all the remaining flashcards in a pile face down in the centre.
Next, flip a card off the top of this pile and place it face up next
to the stack.
4. The leader reads the card by pronouncing the sound of the letters
marked in red and then the word e.g. If the card is 'kite'
the dealer says, ' i like in kite'
If the card is ' name
' the leader says, ' a like in '
5. The children then look at their cards and take their turn moving
to the left around the circle. If they have cards with the same sound
as the one turned over by the dealer they can place one on top of the
pile by saying ' a like in wake'
or ' a like in space
6. If they do not have a match in their hand they pick up a card from
the facedown pile. If the card they pick up is a match they can put
it straight down, if not, they place it in their hand and the next player
has a turn.
7. If the player does not have a match but has a CHANGE
card in their hand they can change the sound being matched i.e. if say
they had the cards ' rope,
stove ' they
would place down their CHANGE card
and say "I'd like to change it to ' o
like in rope'".
All the following players must match for 'o_e'.
8. The person who is the first to have no cards left is the winner.
are just a few of the words from the game.
Here to Download and Print the Game
E RULE GAME
Click 'Get This Game' & the game is yours for $0.00